Yayasan Kechara Indonesia is a non-profit organization and is affiliated with Kechara in Malaysia. We were officially registered as legal entity “Yayasan Kechara Indonesia” on October 17, 2012 with the Ministry of Law and Human Rights.
Inspired by His Eminence the 25th Tsem Tulku Rinpoche, the Spiritual Guide of Kechara organization, our Vision and Mission are as follows:
Vision– Compassion Knows No Barrier: We help our clients based on their needs irregardless of their religion, race and background
- To – actively- improve the living conditions of the less fortunate and encourage people to become independent individuals through distribution of daily needs and educational sponsorship
- To support government programs in poverty reduction through -continuous and ad hoc programs
- To promote the feeling of care and love in society and inspire others to actively help those in need through informing people and our sponsorsof our activities – via social media, print media and other methods.
- To –carry out honest, creative, and transparent activities and consider the feedback from YKI’s stakeholders.
Compassion is a priority and a way of life we have to embody daily. It can be hard or easy, depending on how much we want it and realize others need it.
– H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche
Our activities that are conducted on strictly non discriminative basis, irrespective of religion, race, gender or culture, amongst others include:
YKI distributes food to:
- To satisfy hunger
- To build trusting relationship with our clients
- To identify our clients’ immediate and pressing needs
Education – Our mission is to provide assistance for the students from less fortunate families to enable them to pursue higher education as it is pivotal in reversing the intricate vicious cycle of poverty. We believe that access to knowledge will lead to lasting change in their lives. The Education program strives to address the root cause of poverty and provide practical and sustainable solution towards improving the standard of living and overall well-being.
Whilst our earliest programs started with food distribution and student sponsorships, we have since taken up new projects in line with our vision and mission. (e.g., eye exam and spectacle distribution)
Our motto is “Compassion Knows no Barriers”
Board of caretakers:
- JP Thong
- Datuk May Phng
Board of Management:
- Chairperson: Valentina Suhendra
- Secretary: Malcolm Sumantri
- Treasurer: Imelda Elisabeth
Board of Supervisor:
- Yudhono Rawis
- Nizar W. Taswin
Valentina Suhendra, Kuek Yoke Kin, Hau Shio Wei, Yudhono Rawis, Imelda Elisabeth, Hyang Augustiana, Soo Woon Loong, Nessa Surjadi, Regina Amal, Jeffry Leonardo
2,695 total views, 1 views today