Name: Sajid S.Pd
Position: Teacher of SMKN 19
Interview date: 12 October 2010
How was the conditions of the students that we help prior to meeting Mr./ Ms. Sponsor?
- [The students] were experiencing difficulties in paying their tuition resulting in huge amount overdue.
- The parents were often requested to come to school to settle the amount overdue, and/ or to prepare letters indicating agreements to pay the amount overdue.
- During semester exams, the students often could not obtain the original exam number so they had to be given temporary exam number.
Burden for the students ñ their concentration were disturbed since they were often called by the school to settle the amount overdue based on the agreement.
What actions have been taken by Mr./ Ms. Sponsor for the students?
- Performing selection interviews to students candidates related to family economic background, the candidates academic achievements, discipline, attendance, and amount overdue
- Selecting candidates to be helped
- Paying the amount overdue of the selected candidates via the school administration department and school tuition till the end of the semester. Generally, the selected students received this type of help until their graduation.
What are the benefits and progress resulted from this student sponsorship program?
- The students felt the benefit in terms of tuition payment
- The learning spirit and academic achievements of the students are increased
- The parents financial burdens related to their children decreased
- The school felt the benefits of this student sponsorship program
- Reducing drop-out rate among the students who come from unfortunate financial background.
What are your hopes and wishes with regard to this student sponsorship program?
- For this student sponsorship program to continue
- If possible, the students that have been assisted by this program can be directed to get better employment opportunities, and/ or for the students that have outstanding academic achievements to be able to obtain college fund sponsorship as well.
Do you have message for the sponsors related to this student sponsorship program?
[I am] very happy with this student sponsorship program, and I am proud of the sponsors who have been willing in setting aside their fund for this program directed at students who come from unfortunate financial background. [I am] grateful that our students can be assisted by this studenat sponsorship program.
[I] hope the sponsors who have set aside their fund for this student sponsorship program will be more fortunate and successful. In addition, [I] hope the students who have been assisted by this program will have outstanding academic achievements and successful in getting a job.
605 total views, 1 views today